Thursday, January 26, 2017

I almost don't even have words for what I'm about to post.
A few days ago, I responded to this comment in a very civil and brief manner. I told her that I was proud that my mother, sister, and many friends marched, and that it wasn't merely about "our" rights. It's about the rights, common sense, and decency we should all value as Americans, all of which our new president has severely compromised. Almost instantaneously, my comment was deleted.


Today, well...just take a look at what she posted. From previous discussions it was more than apparent that she hated Hillary Clinton, but admitted to voting for one of the main candidates. 



Apparently this conservative is more concerned about the price of Mexican-made boots than all the truly valid reasons her fellow Americans marched. 

Somehow, this isn't surprising. But the longer I stay in the south, the more apparent it is that "southern hospitality" is pretty limited to folks with like opinions. Also, I kid you not, I have never been around so many adults who purport Christianity who openly judge other people for their appearance, race, and sexual orientation.

Update 1/30: Friend posted this on Facebook. It's too perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment